Mangrove conservation is important for many reasons, including:
- Ecological Services (food, habitat, and protection)
- Support for Coral Reef systems
- Enhanced fisheries production
- Food and medicine
- Protection during Tsunami, Hurricanes, and Winds
- Acting against Greenhouse CO2
and even more, included on our PowerPoint on Implications For Better Mangrove Management in Sri Lanka.
For further details on how Mangroves can help with Global Warming, see our PowerPoint on Climate Change and Mangroves in Pambala-Chilaw Lagoon, Sri Lanka.